|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 2:46 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - The teenage nephew of a Panama City police officer reportedly shot himself in the hand with the officer's gun.
Police say the 16-year-old boy was at the officer's home Monday while the officer was away. Investigators say the boy was playing with the gun when it fired, sending a bullet through his hand. No other injuries were reported.
Police are calling the shooting an accident, but investigators are still trying to determine if any laws were broken.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle