|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 2:46 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - The teenage nephew of a Panama City police officer reportedly shot himself in the hand with the officer's gun.
Police say the 16-year-old boy was at the officer's home Monday while the officer was away. Investigators say the boy was playing with the gun when it fired, sending a bullet through his hand. No other injuries were reported.
Police are calling the shooting an accident, but investigators are still trying to determine if any laws were broken.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge