|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 6:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 3:12 PM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will campaign in Florida this week in support of two state redistricting amendments.
Bloomberg is scheduled to appear Friday in Miami with former Mayor Manny Diaz. He'll urge support of two proposed amendments on the ballot next month.
Amendment 5 deals with legislative districts and Amendment 6 addresses U.S. congressional districts.
Both require a 60 percent majority to pass.
The billionaire Republican-turned-independent has long supported redistricting in New York.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge