|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 6:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 3:12 PM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will campaign in Florida this week in support of two state redistricting amendments.
Bloomberg is scheduled to appear Friday in Miami with former Mayor Manny Diaz. He'll urge support of two proposed amendments on the ballot next month.
Amendment 5 deals with legislative districts and Amendment 6 addresses U.S. congressional districts.
Both require a 60 percent majority to pass.
The billionaire Republican-turned-independent has long supported redistricting in New York.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage