|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 11:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 8:25 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Friends of a woman behind bars, for allegedly trying to hire someone to kill her husband, are asking you to bail her out through a Craigslist ad.
All Out Bail Bonds owner Maria Paterno says, "I've just never seen anything like this."
Maria Paterno says she's been in the bail bonds business for more than 20 years. She was shocked to see this Craigslist ad asking the public to donate money to help Kimberly Alters make bail.
"I think it's crazy to use Craigslist as a means to get out of jail, but hey, if it works it works!
The former chiropractor was arrested late September after a confidential informant allegedly told deputies that she had hired him to kill her husband. Since then, she's been in jail on a 300,000 dollar bond.
"People just jump to her defense and say she couldn't possibly have been serious about this or even contemplated it."
Her attorney Wilbur Smith says he didn't have anything to do with organizing the Craigslist ad, which asks donors to contact his office for more information. but Smith says his office has been bombarded with calls from supporters who want to help Alters.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge