|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 5:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 2:55 PM EDT|
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 12-year-old boy is in critical condition after being shot in the head.
The Broward County Sheriff's Office says the shooting happened in Deerfield Beach Monday night. The boy, who has not been identified, was taken to Broward General Medical Center.
Sheriff's spokesman Mike Jachles says it's unclear who owned the gun and who shot it.
Three other children and their mother were in the home at the time.
No further details were immediately available.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store