SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - Rick Scott is trying to show that not everyone in the state's law enforcement community is standing with opponent Alex Sink.
The Republican candidate for governor appeared at a rally backed by 11 Florida county sheriffs and a prosecutor Monday in Sanford to counter TV ads suggesting that Democrat Sink has all the support from the state law enforcement, whose major unions have endorsed her.
Also Monday, Sink's campaign rolled out a new two-minute ad slamming Scott for the massive Medicare fraud at his former hospital corporation.
The ad will air at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Tampa Bay market. The campaign says it may run in more markets later. Campaign staff wouldn't talk about how much it cost.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond