|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 3:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 12:34 PM EDT|
FLEMINGTON, Fla. (AP) - A 9-year-old boy and his 41-year-old aunt are hospitalized in central Florida after being attacked by a pair of Rottweilers.
According to the Marion County Sheriff's Office, Andres Ortiz and Laura Benedetti were attacked Friday while checking on the dogs, which belong to Benedetti's fiance.
Authorities say a neighbor heard the commotion and beat the dogs with his cane and sprayed them with bug repellent to get them away from the woman and the boy.
Benedetti was hospitalized Saturday in Gainesville in fair condition. The boy was in serious condition.
Marion County animal control officers have taken the dogs.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed