|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - The Port Charlotte High School is headed to play at the famous Carnegie Hall. The "Pride" of Port Charlotte Wind Ensemble has been invited to play in the 9th Annual New York Wind Band Festival.
As a member of the Florida Bandmasters Association, the "Pride" has received an overall Superior rating at the FBA District Marching evaluation for 23 of its 25 years. In competitive events, the "Pride" has been awarded more than 500 placement, caption, and championship trophies. The marching band has represented Port Charlotte High School throughout the United States and Europe.
The festival is scheduled for March 5-9, 2011.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break