|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 4:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - Crews are responding to a multiple car pile up on Gladiolus Drive and 41.
The accident happened around 10:45 am and involved six cars. So far, seven injuries have been reported. Six people were taken to the hospital.
One accident caused a chain reaction. One vehicle hit another causing a rollover , then hit several other cars.
Traffic was backed up for miles in both directions. The intersection was closed for an hour. The SB lanes of 41 re-opened at 11:30 am. All lanes re-opened just after noon.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years