|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 12:45 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - An autopsy is planned for a man found dead in a hammock in the backyard of a South Florida home.
Police say the residents of the Hollywood home found the man's body early Saturday.
City spokeswoman Raelin Storey says the residents told police the man had been homeless for about a year and they sometimes allowed him to sleep in their backyard.
Storey says detectives consider the death suspicious because there were "some signs of trauma" on the body. An autopsy is scheduled Sunday.
Authorities did not release the man's identity. Storey says the man was in his late 40s and worked as a handyman in the neighborhood.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba