|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 11:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 8:00 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa woman was expected to recover after her adult son reportedly stabbed her 18 times.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office reports that 47-year-old Donald Steven Carr used three different knives to stab 71-year-old Swanniee Squier at their home Sunday night.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, where she remained Monday.
Deputies say Carr also stabbed a pet cat, which died.
Carr was arrested and charged with attempted murder and cruelty to animals. He was being held without bail.
Carr reportedly has a history of mental illness.
Jail records didn't say whether Carr had an attorney.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids