|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 11:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 8:01 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty has approved more rate increases for state-backed Citizens Property Insurance Corp.
McCarty signed an order Monday letting the state's largest property insurer raise commercial nonresidential rates in high-risk coastal areas by 9.9 percent.
That coverage in other areas will remain unchanged as the company did not seek an increase.
Other increases include 10.4 percent for dwelling fire coverage typically for rental properties, 8.1 percent for commercial residential condominiums and 11 percent for condo association wind-only coverage.
McCarty last month announced a 10.3 percent increase for homeowners, who account for 758,705 of Citizens' 1.2 million policies.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral