|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 4:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 1:00 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Investigators believe a bug-repellent citronella candle is to blame for a Tampa house fire.
Fire rescuers were called to the single story home Sunday evening and discovered flames coming from a utility room. The fire was under control within 10 minutes.
Parademics took one man to Tampa General Hospital with minor burns.
Investigators say the homeowner, 55-year-old Bruce Bryant, had left a citronella candle burning to ward off bugs. The flame ignited the vapors of flammable liquids in the room.
The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damages.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis