|Published:||Oct 11, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Divers were dispatched to retrieve a suspected stowaway from the waters near the Port of Tampa.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Lt. Larry McKinnon says U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents were searching a commercial barge Saturday when they found three men who were not part of the ship's crew.
A fourth man jumped overboard into Tampa Bay as the agents continued searching the barge.
McKinnon says sheriff's divers later found the man swimming in the water and hiding near the docks. Federal authorities took the man into custody.
Federal authorities say the ship arrived Saturday from the Turks and Caicos Islands. The nationality of the four men detained by customs agents was not released.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel