|Published:||Oct 10, 2010 3:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2010 12:14 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A walk behind the home of 15 year old Pablo Batista and you can see how a group of thieves were able to break into his family's home Friday afternoon.
"The door was there and they threw a rock at it made a hole and got it", he said.
Surveillance video shows a car pulling up in broad daylight and seconds later two men stepped out and walked toward the house just off Metro Parkway and Dabney Street.
Once inside Pablo says the crooks ransacked a closet before making off with a 20-gauge shotgun. You can see the weapon being put into the trunk of the getaway car.
One of the crooks is later seen running out onto the street as an accomplice makes another trip back inside the house.
A flat-screen television was also swiped from the kitchen.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral