|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 3:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 12:30 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Rev. Louis Farrakhan will be the keynote speaker at the Nation of Islam's annual convention at the Tampa Convention Center.
The organization's convention begins on Oct. 14 at the Westchase Golf Club to benefit the Muhammad University of Islam. On Oct. 16, workshops will be held throughout the day in the East Hall of the Tampa Convention Center. The keynote address by Farrakhan - who is the group's leader - will be delivered at 2 p.m. Oct. 17 in the East Hall.
According to the organization's website, the occasion is the Holy Day of Atonement on the 15th anniversary of the Million Man March. The convention is titled, "Atonement, Reconciliation and Responsibility."
Convention center officials say the Nation of Islam has told them thousands of people have registered.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend