|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 3:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 12:30 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Rev. Louis Farrakhan will be the keynote speaker at the Nation of Islam's annual convention at the Tampa Convention Center.
The organization's convention begins on Oct. 14 at the Westchase Golf Club to benefit the Muhammad University of Islam. On Oct. 16, workshops will be held throughout the day in the East Hall of the Tampa Convention Center. The keynote address by Farrakhan - who is the group's leader - will be delivered at 2 p.m. Oct. 17 in the East Hall.
According to the organization's website, the occasion is the Holy Day of Atonement on the 15th anniversary of the Million Man March. The convention is titled, "Atonement, Reconciliation and Responsibility."
Convention center officials say the Nation of Islam has told them thousands of people have registered.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash