|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 8:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 5:56 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County teachers are poised to get a raise. Under a tentative agreement, teachers will receive a one percent pay raise and one percent bonus this year.
Next year, the contract calls for Lee County to reinstate elementary art and music teaching positions cut during the budget crunch.
Teachers are slated to vote on the contract next week. If they approve the deal, school board members will vote on the contract October 19th.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids