|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 8:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 5:54 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A teenage driver accused of causing a deadly eight car crash in North Naples has agreed to a plea deal on vehicular homicide charges.
Collier County deputies say Riccardo Rivas was speeding when he ran a red light on Pine Ridge road near I-75 in May 2009.
One person was killed in the accident. Rivas was 16-years-old at the time.
Under the proposed deal, Rivas would serve one year in jail and four years probation and would give up his license for four years.
A judge still has to approve the agreement.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire