|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 8:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 5:54 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A teenage driver accused of causing a deadly eight car crash in North Naples has agreed to a plea deal on vehicular homicide charges.
Collier County deputies say Riccardo Rivas was speeding when he ran a red light on Pine Ridge road near I-75 in May 2009.
One person was killed in the accident. Rivas was 16-years-old at the time.
Under the proposed deal, Rivas would serve one year in jail and four years probation and would give up his license for four years.
A judge still has to approve the agreement.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond