|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 5:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 2:46 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - Hollywood fire officials are trying to rescue two maintenance workers who were injured on a water tower.
Hollywood Fire Rescue officials told WPLG TV the workers were sandblasting the inside of the Hollywood Water Tower Friday morning when the scaffolding somehow came loose. The men fell to the bottom of the belly of the water tower and were seriously injured.
Television footage showed two workers on the top of the water tower.
A phone message left by the Associated Press with fire rescue was not immediately returned.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified