|Published:||Oct 08, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2010 12:35 PM EDT|
PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - Two people have been arrested in connection with the stabbing death of a Florida Gulf Coast man who authorities say confronted several car burglars outside his apartment.
Aaron Edward Cook and Tiffany Ann Mitchell both face a charge of first degree murder.
Pinellas Park police say 51-year-old Richard Levo saw the suspects burglarizing a neighbor's car. When he approached them, a confrontation ensued and Levo was beaten, cut and stabbed.
Levo called 911 and was taken to a local hospital, where he died three hours later.
Cook and Mitchell were taken into custody Thursday in New Port Richey.
It was not immediately clear if they had obtained an attorney.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school