|Published:||Oct 07, 2010 4:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2010 1:58 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 13-year-old boy Tampa boy is being treated at a hospital after being shot in the arm at a school bus stop.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says it happened at about 9:35 a.m. Thursday while Algernon Green and another student were waiting at the bus stop.
Deputies say a car drove by, and one of its occupants leaned out the window and fired a shot in the direction of the boys. Green was hit in the right forearm.
The other student was not injured.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community