|Published:||Oct 07, 2010 3:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2010 12:22 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A soldier from north Florida has been killed in Afghanistan.
The U.S. Department of Defense reports that Sgt. Karl A. Campbell, 34, of Chiefland, Fla., died Monday in Babur, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.
Campbell was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 75th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home