|Published:||Oct 06, 2010 4:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2010 1:39 PM EDT|
FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A group of seven retirees and former co-workers from Okaloosa County's health department have won $14.5 million in the Florida Lottery.
Jean Land, 70, of Fort Walton Beach, claimed the money on Monday. Land said the group have played the same numbers for ten years and often buys the tickets at the same Fort Walton Beach convenience store.
The group opted for $9.2 million lump-sum payout.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida