|Published:||Oct 06, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A tourist is in intensive care after being bitten by a poisonous snake near a Florida resort's swimming pool.
A Dr. P. Phillips Hospital spokeswoman said 45-year-old Eric Geisman of Pawtucket, R.I., was stable Tuesday.
Orange County Fire Rescue spokesman John Mulhall says a crew responded to a 911 call Monday afternoon about a man bitten by a snake near a swimming pool at the J.W. Marriott Grande Lakes resort in Orlando.
The fire rescue crew found and killed the water moccasin after transporting Geisman to the hospital.
Geisman's sister-in-law tells the Orlando Sentinel that Geisman was bitten on the ankle as he was walking with his wife.
Lynn Arruda says her brother-in-law and his wife were visiting Orlando for a food management conference.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns
- Melbourne Beach mayor steps down amid tension
- Homes next to Seffner sinkhole to be demolished