|Published:||Oct 06, 2010 4:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2010 1:19 PM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. (AP) - A state prison guard was found fatally stabbed outside her Miami home.
Police say the corrections officer - identified by relatives as 36-year-old Rhonda Mickens - was found dead Tuesday morning in the side yard of her home. The officer's husband and one of her three sons were at home when she was found.
The officer worked at the South Florida Reception Center in Doral.
A Department of Corrections spokeswoman says that Mickens began working for Florida's prison system in 2004 and was assigned to a unit that transports inmates.
No suspects have been charged.
It wasn't clear if the stabbing had anything to do with her job.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge