|Published:||Oct 06, 2010 10:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2010 7:40 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Everblades President and General Manager Craig Brush is proud to announce that the organization helped raise nearly $30,000 for the Piper Lynne Buckley Foundation through the charity Alumni Game held at Germain Arena last night.
In all through ticket sales, a live jersey auction and silent auction items, $29,448 was raised during last night’s event. A paid crowd of 1,875 watched a team of Everblades alumnus’s take on a squad of current Everblades in two 20-minute periods.
All the proceeds were donated to the Piper Lynne Buckley Foundation. Piper, the daughter of Heather Holland and former Everblade Tom Buckley, was born two months premature and spent 24 days in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Lee Memorial Hospital. Piper passed away unexpectedly on Christmas Day last December at the age of three. The foundation donates money to the Lee Memorial NICU.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school