|Published:||Oct 06, 2010 10:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2010 7:40 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Everblades President and General Manager Craig Brush is proud to announce that the organization helped raise nearly $30,000 for the Piper Lynne Buckley Foundation through the charity Alumni Game held at Germain Arena last night.
In all through ticket sales, a live jersey auction and silent auction items, $29,448 was raised during last night’s event. A paid crowd of 1,875 watched a team of Everblades alumnus’s take on a squad of current Everblades in two 20-minute periods.
All the proceeds were donated to the Piper Lynne Buckley Foundation. Piper, the daughter of Heather Holland and former Everblade Tom Buckley, was born two months premature and spent 24 days in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Lee Memorial Hospital. Piper passed away unexpectedly on Christmas Day last December at the age of three. The foundation donates money to the Lee Memorial NICU.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church