|Published:||Oct 05, 2010 4:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2010 1:22 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Detectives with multiple agencies, including the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, have served search warrants at the Dollar Medical Clinics after receiving numerous complaints these locations are “pill mills”. One such warrant was executed at 904 Lee Boulevard in Lehigh Acres. In Pinellas County, the addresses are 4427 and 4429 Park Boulevard, Pinellas Park.
Investigators with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit, Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, Strategic Diversion Task Force and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) in conjunction with the Office of Attorney General Statewide Prosecutors Office, Tampa Bureau served search warrants on Doctor Jacinta Gillis’ medical clinics in Pinellas Park (Pinellas County) and Lehigh Acres simultaneously at 10:00 a.m. The criminal investigation continues after initially being launched several months ago. Also assisting in the investigation is the Department of Health (DOH) and DEA.
Investigators had received numerous complaints that Dr. Gillis was operating a “pill mill” at her clinics and she was operating a medical practice below the standard of care. Investigators served the search warrants to recover additional evidence in the investigation.
The search warrants affidavits have been sealed per court order and no arrests have been made at this time. Dr. Gillis was also given notice for operating a clinic in violation of the Pinellas County Pain Management Ordinance. The violation will result in the permanent closure of the Dollar Medical Clinic in Pinellas Park.
Dr. Gillis was previously arrested by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office for possession of a concealed Firearm on 2-11-10.
Anyone with information pertaining to this investigation is encouraged to contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS(8477) - In Pinellas County, the Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Division at (727) 582-2828.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free