|Published:||Oct 05, 2010 4:28 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2010 1:28 AM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Right now, there's a community policy banning free-standing bars in Estero - those are ones that serve more alcohol than food. However, that could all be changing soon.
The community is considering allowing free-standing bars for an economic boost and more entertainment. That is, if they can get over the overwhelming majority that are afraid the community will be inundated with rowdy bars - and more importantly, drunk drivers.
No decision was made at the policy meeting Monday night. Instead, a workshop will be held on November 13th.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash