|Published:||Oct 05, 2010 1:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 9:26 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Neighbor Helen Clifton said, "I saw the police cars." Neighbor Cathy Griffith said, "This is a great neighborhood.."
Residents say they're shocked that their neighbor, Arnetta Barry, was arrested for growing marijuana in her Cape Coral home.
Barry said, so is she. "I'm very upset at him and at the whole situation."
On Friday, her husband caught a flight to San Diego and the Port Authority said it discovered marijuana seeds and equipment used to grow marijuana in his suitcase. He wasn't arrested and flew to San Diego. Sheriff's deputies went to his home and arrested Arnetta.
"It's all his fault basically, he knows."
Arnetta Barry let drug agents inside the home, where drug agents say they found eight marijuana plants growing hydroponically. Barry said she didn't know they were there.
"I'm always working or going to school so I didn't go in there, because the lawn mower was in there, basically he would go in there to do whatever, so I didn't go in there."
Barry went to jail, but maintains her innocence.
She said, "I just don't want to say anymore."
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia