|Published:||Oct 05, 2010 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2010 12:45 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Former state Department of Environmental Protection Secretary Mike Sole has a new job with Florida's biggest electric utility.
Florida Power & Light Co. on Tuesday confirmed it has hired Sole, who headed the state environmental agency from 2007 until he resigned last month.
FLP Vice President for Regulatory and State Governmental Affairs Eric Silagy wrote a memo to his staff last week announcing Sole had joined the company as vice president of governmental affairs under Silagy.
Sole will lobby state executive branch agencies except for the Department of Environmental Protection.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.