|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 3:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 12:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after a southwest Florida woman wound up with a $20,000 phone bill.
Lee County sheriffs deputies said the woman claims the international calls to Somalia and the United Arab Emirates were made without her knowledge. She canceled the phone service after detecting the charges.
Initially the phone company said she didn't have to pay for the charges, but later said she is responsible for part of them.
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia