|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 3:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 12:34 PM EDT|
PARKER, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle area police officer has been charged with killing a woman.
Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen said 43-year-old Mark Alan Bomia was arrested Saturday night and charged with murdering Anna Beach. Authorities released few details about Beach's death, only saying she was killed at her home. It's unclear if the two knew each other.
Autopsy results are pending. Additional details are expected to be released at a press conference Monday.
Early Saturday, search teams combed through thick brush around Beach's home and authorities said they were looking for a suspect described as potentially "armed and dangerous."
It's unclear if Bomia had legal counsel. An e-mail sent to the sheriff's office was not immediately returned Sunday.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday