|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 12:38 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida man has been charged with kidnapping and killing another man and dumping his body in a trash bin.
Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies said 34-year-old Randy Allen Morris was arrested at his home Saturday. Four others have already been arrested in the death of 26-year-old Robert Brewer.
Authorities said Brewer met the suspects at a mall in May and went to their apartment to take painkillers. Later that night, Brewer was beaten, stabbed and tossed in a trash bin. The suspects then doused him with gasoline and set him on fire.
Investigators had to identify Brewer's remains using dental records. Morris and two of the suspects have been charged with first-degree murder.
A fourth suspect and his mother were charged for cleaning up the blood.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis