|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 9:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 6:34 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Police have charged one suspect with stealing 27 bottles of liquor from the Publix store on Cape Coral Parkway. Sidney Douglas (DOB: 05/29/1991) faces Grand Theft charges after he admitted that he and three other females stole the liquor from the store. The value of the liquor was more than $1,100.
On September 25, Cape Police responded to a theft report from the Publix at 127 Cape Coral Parkway East. The store clerk advised officers that four individuals had entered the store, grabbed 27 bottles of liquor from the shelves and ran out. The clerk indicated that the suspects were three females and one male.
On September 30, the Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a robbery at the Total Wine Liquor Store at 13711 S. Tamiami Trail. Deputies located the three suspects involved, Sidney Douglas and two females. LCSO Detective Grabecki spoke to Douglas, who admitted to the theft of liquor at the Publix in Cape Coral as well as several other liquor store thefts. Cape Police Detective Joshua Silko worked with Detective Grabecki on the case and processed the charges on Douglas.
Douglas was served with the charges related to the Publix theft at the Lee County Jail where he currently is residing. The investigation is continuing and additional charges/arrests may be forthcoming.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army