|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 3:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 12:30 PM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida man is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the face while trying to fight off a skunk.
Thirty-one year-old Daniel McDaniels was at a friend's house Friday when he spotted the skunk. He grabbed a .22-caliber rifle and began loading it with the butt of the rifle on the ground.
Manatee County Sheriff's deputies said McDaniels didn't know the gun already had a round in it when he accidentally tripped the trigger, setting off the gun.
The bullet pierced the fingers of his right hand and entered his left cheek. His injuries are not life-threatening.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday