|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 11:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 8:06 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Seven people have been shot - two fatally - in an apparent random shooting spree around the Gainesville area.
Police say the shooting occurred Monday afternoon. Five people were shot within city limits, while the other two were shot in Alachua County.
A suspect was pulled over shortly after the shootings, and he shot himself. His condition was not immediately known.
Police say they don't have a motive for the shooting.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Local organization attracts hundreds to fight hunger