|Published:||Oct 04, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2010 12:35 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Two central Florida residents are behind bars after authorities say they fled the scene of a fatal car crash.
Lakeland Police say Michael Rosales ran a red light early Sunday morning crashing into 22-year-old William Pennock's truck. Pennock was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Witnesses said Rosales was driving without headlights and weaving on the road just before the crash. His girlfriend, Elizabeth Lauran Wallace, arrived after the crash, helped Rosales out of the truck and the two drove away.
Police say the pair have been charged with vehicle homicide and leaving the scene of a crash with death.
Additional charges may be filed.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft