|Published:||Oct 03, 2010 7:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2010 11:31 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A deadly crash occured Saturday night on northbound U.S 41 in North Fort Myers. The Florida Highway Patrol reports that a van driven by Terry Savasuk, 52 of Fort Ogden was struck by another car at the intersection of Avenida Del Vera, the entrance to Heron's Glen community.
FHP says that Doris Shultz, 81 of North Fort Myers was driving the SUV that struck Savasuk's vehicle. Shultz was attempting to cross northbound U.S 41 from Heron's Glen in an effort to head southbound, but pulled into the path of Savasuk.
Savasuk, who was wearing a seatbelt, suffered minor injuries. There were six passengers in the van, and two were killed. Evelyn Lindge, 74, and Robert Lindge, 76, both of Fort Ogden, died after being transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. It is reported that neither was wearing a seatbelt and that some of the passengers may have been ejected from the vehicle.
Four other passengers, who were wearing seatbelts, were injured, including an 8-year old girl.
Shultz and her passenger, Joseph Shultz, 84, were both wearing seatbelts and suffered serious injuries
Charges in the crash are pending, according to troopers.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before