|Published:||Oct 03, 2010 7:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2010 11:31 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A deadly crash occured Saturday night on northbound U.S 41 in North Fort Myers. The Florida Highway Patrol reports that a van driven by Terry Savasuk, 52 of Fort Ogden was struck by another car at the intersection of Avenida Del Vera, the entrance to Heron's Glen community.
FHP says that Doris Shultz, 81 of North Fort Myers was driving the SUV that struck Savasuk's vehicle. Shultz was attempting to cross northbound U.S 41 from Heron's Glen in an effort to head southbound, but pulled into the path of Savasuk.
Savasuk, who was wearing a seatbelt, suffered minor injuries. There were six passengers in the van, and two were killed. Evelyn Lindge, 74, and Robert Lindge, 76, both of Fort Ogden, died after being transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. It is reported that neither was wearing a seatbelt and that some of the passengers may have been ejected from the vehicle.
Four other passengers, who were wearing seatbelts, were injured, including an 8-year old girl.
Shultz and her passenger, Joseph Shultz, 84, were both wearing seatbelts and suffered serious injuries
Charges in the crash are pending, according to troopers.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013