SARASOTA, Fla. - Florida homeowners facing foreclosure or struggling with a depressed mortgage may find advice and help at a workshop in Sarasota this weekend.
The Department of Financial Services is co-sponsoring the Florida Housing Help workshops with Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte County governments. The bilingual event is free and will have some of the largest lenders in one place at one time to help homeowners.
The workshop will include opportunities to meet with mortgage lenders, HUD-certified housing counselors, local housing authorities, legal assistance, credit counseling services, and many other foreclosure assistance programs.
Those interested in attending will need to bring the following items:
* Recent paycheck stubs and bank account statements
• Drivers License or picture ID and Social Security Cards
• Income Tax Returns along with W-2 Forms
• Hardship letter explaining delinquency of mortgage payments or any gap in employment
• Statements or bills documenting all household expenses
• Recent correspondence from mortgage company and last mortgage statement
• Current property tax bill and proof of homeowners insurance
The workshop will be held Saturday, October 2, at The Imagine School of Palmer Ranch, 6220 McIntosh Road in Sarasota. It begins at 10:00 in the morning and will run until 4:00 in the afternoon.
Bank of America-County Wide, Wells Fargo-Wachovia, Chase-Washington Mutual, GMAC, and Sun Trust will be among the lenders available.