|Published:||Oct 01, 2010 10:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2010 4:51 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - October 1st is Day One for the new trash pick-up system in Cape Coral.
Waste Pro has delivered tens of thousands of cans to Cape residents, who now must use these cans for their trash and recyclables.
Residents are urged to place the cans with the lid openings facing the street and make sure the cans have three feet of clearance on all sides. This is necessary so the automated trucks can pick up the cans.
The new system is designed to save the city money and the cans are a lot larger than typical trash cans, as are the recycle bins. Recycled material also need not be separated now.
Horticulture waste disposal will remain the same as always.
Waste Pro says if you have too much trash for one can, you can order another can by calling 239-945-0800.
Complete instructions and pictures on how to place the cans curbside are available at www.capecoral.net.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair