|Published:||Oct 01, 2010 11:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2010 7:41 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Deputies arrested an assistant baseball coach for indecent exposure at a local Target parking lot.
A shopper told deputies she spotted 23-year-old Marlon Pascual fondling himself inside his car on Thursday afternoon at the Super Target on Immokalee Road and Tarpon Bay Boulevard. She said she parked next to Pascual and noticed his pants were down. The witness also told deputies he was staring at her and other customers while he was masturbating.
The witness complained to store security who caught Pascual's car on surveillance cameras. A security guard told deputies the car had been parked there for almost an hour.
They arrested him for indecent exposure.
Pascual is the assistant baseball coach at Ave Maria University. They sent WINK a statement about the incident via email.
"The university has been made aware of the situation with the part-time employee. Our protocol is to await the outcome of the legal process prior to taking any definitive action. Until the matter is resolved, the employee in question will be on a leave of absence. Ave Maria University protects the confidentiality of matters relating to our students, faculty and staff, and it is our policy not to discuss specific details of personnel matters publicly. Thank you for your understanding," said university officials.
Ave Maria University students tell WINK they had not been informed about what happened.
"I had no idea and wouldn't feel comfortable commenting," said one student.
"I didn't know anything about it," said another student.
Pascual is being held on $5,000 bond.
- Fire destroys home, 2 cars, motorcycle in Port Charlotte
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- Naples Botanical Garden Night Lights kicks off tonight
- City of Palms Classic tips off in Fort Myers
- Florida U.S. Senator offers to go to Iran for CIA contractor
- I-75 south lanes closed near Sarasota after crash
- Firefighters find body in Ocala home; dog rescued
- Police: Driver hits biker, drives with him on car
- Inmate charged in central Fla. woman's 2011 death