|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 6:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 3:14 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - U.S. Senate candidates Kendrick Meek and Marco Rubio are bringing political heavy-hitters to Florida in an attempt to gain support from voters.
Former Vice President Al Gore is scheduled to attend a rally for Meek Thursday afternoon in Tampa.
On Friday, 2008 Republican primary contender and possible 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney is scheduled for a rally with Rubio in Land O' Lakes.
Meek, a Democrat, and Rubio, a Republican, are in a three-way race for a U.S. Senate seat with Gov. Charlie Crist, who is running as a no-party candidate.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters
- How hurricanes get their names
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore