|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 3:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 12:47 PM EDT|
WEST PAM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A West Palm Beach man is in custody after authorities say he shot his wife who is being treated with life threatening injuries in a hospital.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, the shooting happened Thursday morning at the couple's suburban home. The man then fled the scene, but his car was spotted near the planetarium and he was arrested without incident.
The woman is being treated at Delray Medical Center. Authorities have not yet identified the couple.
A man killed his estranged wife and four stepchildren on Monday in nearby Riviera Beach before turning the gun on himself. Two people were found dead following another apparent murder-suicide that same day in Broward County.
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies