|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 8:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 5:10 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A bird hit a power line - detaching it from a capacitor in Fort Myers. The line hit the ground and embers from the incident landed in the brush below starting a small brush fire.
The bird did not survive.
Power was affected at a nursing home nearby. People who work at the nursing home had to grab a green line to put the fire out.
The fire department responded to the scene.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing