|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 2:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 11:53 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A top executive at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport will become the new director at Tampa International Airport.
Airport officials announced Wednesday that 55-year-old Joseph W. Lopano, the executive vice president for marketing and terminal operations at the Texas airport and a former official with four commercial airlines, will succeed Louis Miller.
Miller was director for 14 years.
Lopano's background in marketing and experience as an insider who has worked for Lufthansa, British West Indies, Pan American and Continental Airlines is seen as a plus for an airport facing changing competitive and financial dynamics.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders