|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 2:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 11:58 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man has been sentenced to life in prison for raping a 70-year-old woman.
An Orange County jury found 30-year-old Robert Acosta guilty Wednesday of sexual battery with physical force, burglary of a dwelling, aggravated battery and false imprisonment. A judge immediately sentenced him to two consecutive life terms in prison along with separate and consecutive 30-year and 5-year sentences.
The victim testified that she was in bed on Dec. 4, 2008, when a man broke into her home, jumped into her bed and began punching her. The man forced her to perform a sex act and then he raped her.
The victim said she recognized Acosta as someone who had worked for her daughter. DNA evidence later linked him to the crime.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers