|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 5:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 11:40 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla. - Hog tied and threatened with a taser-like device! That's what the Collier County Sheriff's Office says a Golden Gate man did to a child.
Neighbors of Jon Parrish say his 15-year-old daughter was always running away, and he had a difficult time controlling her.
The teen was picked up by the Lee County Sheriff's Office in May. She told deputies that just days earlier her father had zip-tied her to the bed and shocked her for running away. The teen says he even threatened to use a dog collar to chain her up.
Neighbors to the family think the girl may have embellished some of the story, and Parrish only did what was necessary as a parent.
Parrish, who is a Naples lawyer, is being charged with two felony charges of child abuse and false imprisonment.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies