|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 12:17 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Consumer Reports has the list of the best burgers in the nation.
"They're juicy and they're delicious," said one burger eater.
"It tastes like the old-fashioned-type burger from when I was a kid."
"It's a fresher burger. It looks more like something that was homemade."
They're talking about the burgers being flipped at Five Guys. It's one of 18 fast-food restaurants covered in Consumer Reports' survey designed to find the best burgers.
"We asked 28,000 online subscribers to tell us about the hamburgers they'd eaten at fast-food restaurants recently. Restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's. And some of the big names did not do that well."
Rated on a scale of one to ten, McDonald's was at the very bottom of the ratings and while Burger King fared a little bit better, it had some of the lower-rated burgers.
"It turned out people really preferred burgers from some of the lesser-known chains," said Consumer Reports' Tod Marks.
And these people knew what they were talking about. Five Guys burger was a standout in the survey.
And Consumer Reports' Tod Marks did his own informal taste-off of a burger from Five Guys and one from McDonald's.
"The Five Guys burger was juicy, with a nice beefy flavor. And best of all, you can get up to 15 toppings at no additional cost. By comparison, the McDonald's hamburger and bun were bland. Most of the flavor didn't come from the meat itself. It came from the toppings. And it's kind of puny," said Marks.
But be aware, you'll pay a few more dollars for burgers at Five Guys than you'd pay at McDonald's.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause