|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 7:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 4:45 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a north Florida man was arrested for almost chewing off part of his brother's ear when they argued while drinking.
Authorities say a deputy arrived at the home on Wednesday and found a man in the front yard. Authorities say he told them to take him to jail. He also said his brother needed an ambulance.
Authorities say the man's brother's left eye was swollen shut and covered in blood and the bottom part of his right ear was detached and hanging by the skin.
The brothers told authorities they were drinking and that they got into a physical fight over one brother's dog.
The injured brother was hospitalized and the other faces a charge of aggravated battery.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis