|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 3:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 12:34 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Trey Turner of Fort Myers saved up the money for a ring and built the courage to propose to his girlfriend Kelsey Kramer on the Brooklyn Bridge. But, as he was popping the question, the diamond ring slipped through his fingers.
The ring didn't go all the way to the water. There was a construction site right underneath. Without a ring, Trey continued proposing.
But the story does have a happy ending. Department of Transportation officials found the ring and gave it back! Their wedding is set for April in Florida, with someone assigned to keep an extra tight grip on the wedding rings.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme