|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 11:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 8:05 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Lee County man so fed up with his roommate said he would do anything to get away from him, even go to jail. Deputies say he got himself arrested.
A man who goes by the name "Grizzly" says a cordial conversation with his roommate Dana Mack Klein turned into an argument.
"He grabbed whatever beers he had left and sat over in front of the police vehicle to get arrested."
Deputies say then Klein waved down a deputy on the road and told her that if she didn't arrest him or remove "Grizzly" from the house, Klein was going to throw "Grizzly" through a window.
Sgt. Stephanie Eller with the Lee County Sheriff's office says, "At that time the deputy told him that I can't very well arrest you because you haven't committed any sort of a crime."
Reports show that Klein went out to the street with cans of Natural Ice beer. He popped one open and demanded that he be arrested for it.
Grizzly says, "He sat over there in front of the police car and said arrest me!"
Sgt. Eller says, "We wish he had been able to solve this on his own, figure this out, unfortunately that's not what happened, however, on the deputies side, this guy was angry and we possibly did prevent some kind of crime against a person."
Klein got his wish, he's now in the Lee County Jail , costing taxpayers seventy seven dollars a day. Grizzly's not complaining.
He says, "I hope he stays there."
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted